The East Bay Community Space is committed to the following goals:
- Create inclusive, non-market-based social space.
- Partner with organizations dedicated to social justice, the arts, and community empowerment.
- Provide a low-cost venue for cultural events, workshops, classes, performance, and gatherings.
The Community Space operates on the following principles:
- Inclusiveness. Membership is open to everyone who chooses to give their time and/or money.
- Free Choice. Members will engage in those activities that they choose.
- Openness. The Community Space will offer access to un-programmed space for a portion of every day.
- Contribution According to Means. Members donate both time and money according to their means and abilities, and give freely of services provided at the Community Space.
- Do-acracy: Members are encouraged to take initiative to organize programs and events.
- Not-for-Profit Operations. The Community Space does not seek to earn a profit. Any surplus will be reinvested in the Community Space or donated to other community groups.
- Consensus-Oriented Decision Making. Wherever possible, decisions will be made in the spirit of consensus, with a fallback to a majority vote only after extensive discussion when no consensus can be reached.