Our storefront space at at the corner of Telegraph Avenue and 55th Street is a Co-Working Space Monday through Friday from 9am to 5:30pm. During weeknights and weekends it is available to rent for public and private events.
This space features an entrance directly off of Telegraph Ave. It is roughly 1000 square feet: 25′ wide by 40′ deep. The room is bright, with high ceilings and extensive track lighting. There is a kitchenette, a high-quality projector, and a powered speaker.
There are several tables and chairs that allow for table seating up to 42 people. Tables can be stored allowing for seating in rows which can accommodate roughly 50 people. The room can accommodate up to 80 people for events requiring open space for standing and mingling.
Room Rental rates for the Telegraph Room are as follows:
- Weekend mornings before 12pm: $25 – $45 per hour
- Weekend afternoons from 12pm to 5pm: $35 – $55 per hour
- Sunday to Thursday evenings (starting at 5:45pm): $125 – $350
- Friday evenings (starting at 6pm): $325 – $500
- Saturday evenings (starting at 6pm): $425 – $600
Additional fees include:
- Cleaning: Varies depending on size of the event and if food is served: $25 – $75
- House Manager: $25 for set-up and $25 for break down. For some events, a House Manager is required for the duration of the event, including set-up and break down.
We prefer that all public events be priced affordably, on a wide sliding scale, in order to be accessible to as many people as possible.
For public events, we assist with outreach and publicity, in the form of our website calendar, announcements on our Facebook group and page, as well as a weekly newsletter that goes out to over a thousand people.
The best way to move forward with a rental is to email us at: [email protected] or by phone: (510) 871-EBCS
Room rental fees will be increasing for 2020 events:
- Friday evenings (starting at 6pm): $350 – $600
- Saturday evenings (starting at 6pm): $450 – $700
- Sunday to Thursday evenings (from 5:45pm): $125 – $425
- Saturday and Sunday mornings (before 12pm): $30 – $40 per hour
- Saturday and Sunday afternoons (from 12pm to 5pm): $40 – $60 per hour