The Main Space is available to rent for public and private weekend events, during the day and evening, as well as daytime classes, workshops, and rehearsals throughout the week. Rentals include both the Main Space (oak floor, roughly 30′ x 40′) and the Mezzanine (carpeted, roughly 30′ x 12′).
The space includes a modular stage, sound system, tables and chairs, stage lighting, projector, kitchenette, six all gender bathroom stalls, shower, sauna, and a “green room”. The stage can be as small as 4 feet by 8 feet, and as large as 12 feet by 16 feet
The capacity in this room is approximately 120 to 140 people standing room only, 72 people in rows of chairs (with a small or no stage set up), 56 people seated at tables (with a small or no stage set up).
Room Rental rates for the Main Space are as follows:
- Monday through Sunday mornings before 12pm: $35 – $60 an hour
- Monday through Sunday afternoons from 12pm – 5pm: $45 – $70 an hour
- Friday evenings (starting at 6pm): $675 – $1,300
- Saturday evenings (starting at 6pm): $950 – $1,500
- Sunday through Thursday evenings (starting at 6pm): $225 – $475
Additional fees include:
- Cleaning: Varies based on the size of the event and if food is served: $50 – $125
- House Manager: $25 for set-up and $25 for break down. For some events, a House Manager is required for the duration of the event, including set-up and break down.
We prefer that all public events be priced affordably, on a wide sliding scale, in order to be accessible to as many people as possible.
For public events, we assist with outreach and publicity, in the form of our website calendar, announcements on our Facebook group and page, as well as a weekly newsletter that goes out to over a thousand people.
For more information and to view photos, check out our website at: https://eastbaycommunityspace.org/rentals/weekend-rentals/
The best way to move forward with a rental is to email us at: [email protected] or by phone: (510) 871-EBCS